Friday 16 September 2011

How do you get into the video making business?

I would like to do videography fulltime. I am working on building a Real Estate video business and want to do documentaries. Maybe start off with short videocasts of local news and stories. I have experience from when I worked with NBC years ago. How has anybody else made the change from a coushey job with benefits to the entreprenual world?
How do you get into the video making business?
I did it about 2 years ago. Went from working for someone else to starting my own studio. The only hang up was affording the right equipment. I started off with a couple high quality cameras I bought off eBay. Did a few weddings for rock bottom prices just to get my name out there. And now we are crazy busy with weddings, sport videos, memories and such. And this summer we are working on our first short. I am not sure what you are looking for answer wise. But if you have any questions on what I did or suggestion just let me know. I might be able to help or at least tell you what not to do.
How do you get into the video making business?
Buy a camcorder and make a movie.
I think that first and foremost you will need to know what kinds of movies you are interested in making and then find out if there are others interested in the same thing.If you find co-conspirators you have just a few more steps now find out if all involved can contribute financially to this venture and if so its a rap and then you go out and buy a camcorder some films and you start making movies.