Wednesday 21 September 2011

What love, care, or compasion does modern feminism offer the world?

Many modern feminist women resent the notion that women should be care-givers. They are offended when anyone says a mother should be with and care for her children, (not to exclude men, I hate that men think fatherhood is just 'throwing a football'). Many feminist women emphaisize, to young women, careers more than family. They often strive against the view that a woman's best virtue is her nurturing, mothering, and femininity.



Ironicaly, these same women would argue that women make better leaders/presidents because women are more compasionate and loving. Yet, if women are putting wealth and careers, (without necessity) before their own children, (like the %26quot;evil, opressing male%26quot;) why should we believe they wouldn't put their desires before our children and families? How do these woman differ from the business men in power today?



Wouldn't a woman who puts her family before herself better show the selflessness, compasion, and love that could benefit society and change the world?
What love, care, or compasion does modern feminism offer the world?
I'm not so up on the feminist movement. You'd think I would be considering my gender.



I think it is ok to argue for equal rights, like equal pay for the same job etc. But I'm not really sure if it is right to say that women must put careers before family. There should be a balance. Without families, there would not be a future as you need the next generation to support the economy.



Problem happening in some countries, like Singapore where there are fewer and fewer people getting married or if they are married, not producing enough children. But I don't know if that is a result of feminism or just people not wanting to have children.



I think each woman really needs to know herself. One of my friends is a full time stay at home mother and loves being at home all the time. I on the other hand, know, that if I stay at home 24-7, I'd go crazy. I need to work to be a better mom. But that does not mean my job comes first. If I am to be an effective parent, I need to occupy my mind with things other than just child care.



You should not have extremes and put people into categories. You should do whatever works for yourself and your family. Ultimately, the goal is to improve yourself and your community, and that is achieved in various ways.
What love, care, or compasion does modern feminism offer the world?
Feminists are extremely sexist. They should just love life and their families.

Report Abuse


I think you can be pro-woman without being anti-family or anti-men. I think there are some feminists who forget that. No point in having families if you're not willing to invest in them and care for them.

Report Abuse


Husbands and fathers are responsible for offspring too. Where does it say all love, car or compassion should come from the feminine vibration? Happy Father's Day.
  • creating file
  • heal acne scars
  •