Saturday 24 September 2011

Are any Americans offended by the world's view of Americans under President Obama?

After 8 years of hearing from Europeans on how bad Americans are, suddenly just because Obama was elected their views of the United States has changed. I%26#039;m still the same person I was when Bush was president. I am offended by this seemingly superficial change in mind. I think most Americans just like to go about their own business to try to make a living. We shouldn%26#039;t be liked or hated depending on who is president.
Are any Americans offended by the world%26#039;s view of Americans under President Obama?
I really couldn%26#039;t give less of a dam% what EU thinks of the US. They have always wanted to talk us down until their neighbors begin kicking in their doors and taking away their freedoms.



Always hear %26quot;American Cowboys%26quot;, everybody has a gun. Blah blah.



They will like us when Germany or Russia starts kicking *** again.
Are any Americans offended by the world%26#039;s view of Americans under President Obama?
I%26#039;m not offended that others think the US is moving in the right direction. And, its not just based in Obama%26#039;s election. Its based on his policies in practice.
Bush alienated the US from the world. Obama is doing a good job in making amends.
It%26#039;s their view of America, not Americans. There%26#039;s a difference -- they%26#039;ve always liked Americans, they sometimes have problems with American policy.



Read for comprehension.
Well no I%26#039;m not offended, I%26#039;ve never actually given a damn what the rest of the beggar world and especially the Europeans (who brought us two lovely world wars) thinks of Americans.
I%26#039;m totally offended I thought the world was going to end in 2012 and got all kinds of loans that now I can%26#039;t pay...
what makes me mad is obama agreeing with them. that guy is a racist and a traitor working from the inside out.
Their opinion of us is conversely related to our strength. That is, of course, until a foreign invader comes knocking at their door. Then they%26#039;re happy to have our strength on their side.



Who cares what Europeans think? They wear speedos, smoke their cigarettes like a fairy, and don%26#039;t really produce much.
Anything that has to do with The Mighty Messiah Hussein offends me.

I am a birther myself
I beg to differ. You are not the same person. Before, you were led by President Bush. Today, you%26#039;re led by an intelligent, articulate, knowledgeable statesman who is doing very well.



We are all different. Happily so.
I think it%26#039;s great that people like us again. Bush and the republicans managed to upset a lot of people.
They never disliked YOU, they disliked what our leaders stood for and disliked us attacking Iraq and killing tens of thousands of people for what turned out to be completely untrue reasons.

They see a shift from the Bush arrogance, to a more open stance that puts us IN the community, not imperialistic rulers OF the community.
There are three hundred million of us. It would be hard for anyone or any group to evaluate us individually. The President often serves as the public face for the country. The person we chose to lead us is seen by much of the world as our primary representative. So no, I am not offended when the world treats him as such.
It%26#039;s nice to not have everybody think we are idiots anymore.
To be perfectly honest, I don%26#039;t really care what the world thinks of us. We%26#039;ve done more for the rest of the world than they have done for us. Who do they call when they need help, the USA. So does it really matter? Not to me.
The world don%26#039;t view us in different under Obama , they just see him as a weak, foolish man ! Don%26#039;t be naive enough to think that his smooth talking crap is going to change the world opinion of us ! They all love us when they are in trouble and need an army to save them or when they need money for a natural disaster or to feed there poor , as soon as we are done giving they are done liking ! Obama isn%26#039;t going to change it !
Something tells me if there was a change in the opinion of Europeans, it was not for the better.

They ignored requests from Barry for more Nato investment, more stimulus money, more troops for the war on %26#039;contingencies%26#039;, etc.

Most European leaders consider 0%26#039;bama a bit amusing.



As far as normal Europeans go....I think most of them are just like you.

They get up each day, go to work and try to get through their lives not caring much what is going on in the US.
I, as an American, are not the least bit offended. Everyone is entitled to their view whether it be personal or political. It just is what it is.
Hopefully they aren%26#039;t naive enough to believe that Obama speaks for all Americans. His opinion is not mine and the opinions of Europeans makes no difference to my life.
I%26#039;m not offended at all, I%26#039;m pleased. The leader of your country is your representative, someone that embodies what your society is all about, especially if they%26#039;re elected by the people. I%26#039;d much rather an intelligent, well-spoken top of his class Harvard grad represent me than a red-neck, $hit kicker who can barely complete a sentence.
I couldn%26#039;t give a rats patootie what others think of our president and they don%26#039;t me from Eve. I just we had a president who didn%26#039;t dislike us so obviously!
I don%26#039;t think people who judge the US are judging the government not the individual.



Remember when France wouldn%26#039;t support the war in Iraq (good call), all the jokes about france and %26quot;freedom fries%26quot;. We all do it.
Absolutely not. I%26#039;m glad this president is not coming off as the schoolyard bully that Bush and his underlings did. It%26#039;s nice to see the USA NOT trying to stick her chest out only to get kicked in the teeth.
I%26#039;ve never had a problem with individual Americans; just bemused by your ability to elect an idiot like George W. Bush not only once but then return him to office with an increased majority for a second term.



And I think you%26#039;ll find it%26#039;s not just Europeans who think you%26#039;ve done a smart thing placing Barak Obama in the White House; it%26#039;s pretty much the whole world.



His view of foreign policy being a tad less confrontational than that of his predeccesor makes everyone sleep a little more peacefully in their beds.



I agree most Americans probably just want to get along with their own business and live quietly. But so do most people around the world, including those in countries where the US and UK are not on the Christmas card list. The problem with George Bush was that he couldn%26#039;t seem to see that.
Not really. I think it%26#039;s great to be earning back some of the respect we had with our friends before Republicans elected a Idiot and the whole world saw the idiot in the White House for 8 years. World leaders tend to not like liars like Bush, Cheney, Rice, Rummy and other cronies.
Consider the source. Anyone who likes a fraud pandering for popularity instead of taking care of business and promoting Americans can have the fraud.
REAL PRESIDENTS DO NOT OFFER APOLOGY%26#039;S FOR AMERICA.



Frankly, if Obama doesn%26#039;t like it here, I hope he moves to

Russia 鈥?one way ticket 鈥?as soon as he can pack his bags.
I never liked you and still don%26#039;t.
Since about 75% of %26quot;the world%26#039; is under the thumb of various dictators, kings, moolahs, poobahs, and hoo-hahs I could give a rip what they think of my country
nope, He has brought some minor reputation to America in just the past six months.
That%26#039;s changing. Obama and Biden are going down the list insulting everyone.
  • mentally ill person
  • asp hosting
  •