Wednesday 21 September 2011

Should there be any bailout of aything?

Some say :If a business fails it fails and had they been good business owners, it would not have failed! No Bali Out!



From the ashes comes one new!



Some say: Big business are woven onto the fabric of the World and a changing world effects them, conditions beyond their control.... A Bail Out is warranted!



I would like more information on the subject. Should there be any bailout of anything?
Should there be any bailout of aything?
My heart agrees with you concerning %26quot;Big business%26quot; being a part of the fabric of the world. Except, I think that the way a changing world effects them is more about governmental regulation. Complex tax codes %26amp; right-offs are only a couple of issues which sometimes encourage %26quot;losses%26quot; for credits. Mandated mileage requirements, when you %26amp; I should decide what car we want and whether WE are prepared to pay for that much fuel.

I'm old enough to remember Rambler, Studebaker, AMC, International and more. Indeed, I've ridden in %26amp; driven some of these makes. Each mfg. learned a difficult %26amp; painful lesson: the public will buy what they like, not what you want to give them. Only 120 years ago buggy-whip mfg. was a big business

My head now says: some companies are so large and employ so many people that a failure becomes catastrophic to our economy. The natl. impact is bad enough but the local hit is even worse. Either way Washington gets involved with $. A lot of $$$$$!

With no other option; I prefer a bail-out in the form of loans vs. the assets of the borrower. But I say that while holding-my-nose, just as I did when I saw the ballot choices I had in November!