Saturday 24 September 2011

Would maintaining Collins system have felt like swimming in a tank with sharks ?

%26lt;%26lt;Sooner or later, something fundamental in your business world will change.



I'm often credited with the motto, %26quot;Only the paranoid survive.%26quot; I have no idea when I first said this, but the fact remains that, when it comes to business, I believe in the value of paranoia. Business success contains the seeds of its own destruction. The more successful you are, the more people want a chunk of your business and then another chunk and then another until there is nothing left. I believe that the prime responsibility of a manager is to guard constantly against other people's attacks and to inculcate this guardian attitude in the people under his or her management.



The things I tend to be paranoid about vary. I worry about products getting screwed up, and I worry about products getting introduced prematurely. I worry about factories not performing well, and I worry about having too many factories. I worry about hiring the right people, and I worry about morale slacking off.%26gt;%26gt;

(Andrew S. Grove - %26quot;Only the paranoid survive%26quot;)



http://www.intel.com/pressroom/kits/bios/grove/paranoid.htm
Would maintaining Collins system have felt like swimming in a tank with sharks ?
Absolutely :)