Saturday 24 September 2011

What interesting careers are offered with a Bachelor's degree in Business Management?

I'm deciding between Human Social Services and Business Management, two EXTREMELY different paths. Social services, minimal job outlook and low-average pay. Business, HUGE job market and average-high pay. Not only that, but as opposed to working %26quot;hands on%26quot; like I would in Social Services, I feel that in Business Management you are often able to be the %26quot;top dog%26quot; (or almost), be in charge, make a change and still bring in a steady salary. Yes, income is a factor to me.



My ultimate goal would to be a Personal Assistant for a high profile individual, become a District/General Manager in retail or be in charge of a large organization or charity event. With that said, would business be my best option?



What if I am interested in beginning my OWN charity or organization, would a business degree ultimately be the best decision? Years down the road I would hope to have a HUGE organization based around helping others, just to give you a better idea.



My husband thinks I'm being a bit irrational with this new found idea of Business. Although I somewhat agree I also feel in the long run I would be much happier on the go, making good money, being in a higher position...



Please, any suggestions advice or personal experiences would be great. I'd love to hear from people who work in the business world. Please tell me what it has to offer, inside and out.



Thanks for all the help.
What interesting careers are offered with a Bachelor's degree in Business Management?
Listen I have to be honest with you Leah, business management is the last career you should ever be looking at. It's cut throat and very high pressure. I've heard that the average life expectancy of most Business Management degree holders is like 55. This is mainly due to the high amounts of stress involved with the job. If I were you I would totally look for a different career. You seem like a nice person and I'd hate for you to make such a huge mistake with your life. I think I would have to agree with your husband on this one. You are being a tad bit irrational and little naive. My advice for your would be run. Run as long and hard as you can and get as far away from the business world as you can. Seriously it's a nightmare.