Friday 7 October 2011

Why is everything about money/business, and it's very cut/throat?

I don%26#039;t like living in American society anymore and I%26#039;m also sick of the %26quot;don%26#039;t like it leave%26quot; comments because it%26#039;s not that easy,but seriously, this country in the last...I don%26#039;t know, two decades or such has just turned into a fast-paced, cut-throat land, where everything is getting corporate, and it%26#039;s all about money/business. Everything. Interpersonal relationships, friendships, the way we treat people too, it%26#039;s all changing and getting robotic/cold and unfriendly. People are now serving just to be business associates, for networking, ..it%26#039;s so cold and disguisting. Profits, trading/stock...I mean how do you get an innocent kid, and kids playing with toys and looking forward to futures, weddings, etc,..and turn them into cold, calculating, conniving, scheming and cut throat business people? When does that change occur? Are we conditioned to be that way?



why wasn%26#039;t I conditioned? LOL. I%26#039;m not like that%26gt; I Can be I guess, but I guess I%26#039;m just not as greedy I don%26#039;t know. I never felt like ...I really liked or belonged in this world.



When I drive around out there or do my errands, all the time everyday, you get other cars beeping, other people rushing, it%26#039;s like a madhouse where everyone%26#039;s trying to make that buck, and make themselves successful, business, people size you up , what car you drive, what you look like, who you know...how much you have in your bank account,...



and it%26#039;s VERY VERY cut throat in certain places, especially large cities in america. I live in the NJ/NYC area so I see it all the time.



People treat you nice if you drive nice cars, look like A list celebs, and have alot going for you, but only because they want to associate with you hoping your success rubs off on them, but if you%26#039;re an %26#039;average%26quot; person, you%26#039;re basically another loser, another fan, another nobody, everyone wants to be a somebody.





Now I personally don%26#039;t like this. I mean it CAN be cool because it%26#039;s an opportunity, in America to do whatever you want, be whatever you want, but it%26#039;s ultimately soulless, and immoral. Our country is turning into a BAD place to raise children. It really has gone to hell in a handbasket and has turned into a corporate interest first cesspool of pollution, businesses, and profits...godless, emotionless, humanity-lacking.....



I mean it%26#039;s not that bad YET, but..it%26#039;s really getting there.





Who%26#039;s responsible for this anyways? Whoever thought this would be a great idea, is an id90t, or seriously undermined the human %26quot;spirit,%26quot;...they basically had none. way to go, whoever you are...
Why is everything about money/business, and it%26#039;s very cut/throat?
Actually Amber it is %26quot;that hard%26quot;. I moved to England last year and got sent back the same day. I have no criminal record, not even so much as a speeding ticket. I%26#039;m a 28 year old female. I had a good job, but I gave it up to move over there to be with my British boyfriend. Now we%26#039;re going through pure hell just to be able to be with each other...so yeah...it is that hard.



Unfortunately, America has always been a cut-throat society. Darwinism at it%26#039;s best. We%26#039;ll never be an Utopian Society. It%26#039;s just something we have to live with and hope that with time we can change. But the fact is, we won%26#039;t. We just individually fight within ourselves to try to figure out ways to change the world. We%26#039;re inevitably doomed. The poor get poorer, the rich get richer. The unkind, heartless blunder that we call the American Citizen can pretend to care about our neighbor, but we always look out for ourselves first. I%26#039;m sorry the world isn%26#039;t a great place. The important thing is to make your world a good place. Forget the people around you that hurt you. Follow your own rules. I%26#039;m not saying be an Anarchist. Just lead by example...or try to.%26lt;33



I don%26#039;t really know much about the NJ/NYC areas, I am from Alabama. Believe it or not, most of the people here are very kind. And I think it%26#039;s because we aren%26#039;t apart of %26#039;rich%26#039; society. Things here are meager. There aren%26#039;t very many big businesses here. It%26#039;s a large portion of the farming industry. We%26#039;re not backwards like alot of people like to believe. Maybe you should try living in a different city. And when I say the South is nice, I don%26#039;t mean Florida. That%26#039;s a party state. No offense to you Floridians, but you know it%26#039;s true. :)



El Rey,



I don%26#039;t believe that. I don%26#039;t think that Americans are better than any other living soul on the planet. I think the ones that do think that way are misguided and uneducated. I play XBL alot and I noticed that West Coast guys are alot like that. So full of themselves. They are young and idiotic. It%26#039;s really sad that their parents have raised such ill-mannered kids. Don%26#039;t think we%26#039;re all like that El Rey. It%26#039;s not fair to judge the country as a whole based on a few morons.
Why is everything about money/business, and it%26#039;s very cut/throat?
%26quot;I%26#039;m also sick of the %26quot;don%26#039;t like it leave%26quot; comments because it%26#039;s not that easy%26quot;



Actually, it%26#039;s not that hard. We live in a capitalist society, which is based around money. That%26#039;s how it is. Seriously, suck it up or leave, though it wouldn%26#039;t be much different in any other first world country.
Rock on, mate. I also feel disgusted. I may be going back to Spain by the end of the year. Everything has become so rigid. It%26#039;s not the dreamland that is so often portrayed in the media.



What bothers me also is the intrinsic feeling of superiority. Americans really think that their society is the best, particularly those who have never traveled abroad. Not everyone is cut off for the rat race mentality. I just hope this doesn%26#039;t make me a bad or weak person.
I very much sympathize with you. I am now 60 years of age so was kind of a hipster and war protester in the late 60%26#039;s and early 70%26#039;s. I supported environmentalism and solar architecture, %26quot;tried%26quot; living in a few intentional communities before settling into life as a green construction professional.



Really, I believe that the explosive growth of technology, especially electrical and electronics which greatly aided automotive and aircraft development, after WWII just overwhelmed the planet and not just the US.



Medical and agriculture advancements have also meant huge population growth. My lovely former wife and my children%26#039;s Mom are from North Bergen NJ so I know about the Northeast even though I live in Montana. My advice is save your money, get yourself physically fit and learn how to cook and eat healthy. Play a musical instrument. Walk, hike and bike, go swimming. Volunteer in your community for those less fortunate than yourself. If you DO more instead of just hang out and watch TV or internet, you meet people and make friends. The money problem is ancient by now, and people are less religious. Driving cars and financial pressures do really suck...go listen to some live music if you go out...
  • laptop peak replacement
  • love girls myspace
  •