Friday 7 October 2011

I鈥檓 thinking changing my career to find someone?

22 years old and never been in a relationship my entire life and never dated and its always talk to girls and it fades away. I always wonder am I鈥檓 even a likable person or I was born in the wrong world. I was talking to this girl and I kind of liked and repeat the same pattern. Talk to get to know her for at least and that is far as I go. I never hear from anyone say wanna go out sometime instead all I get is I see you next week. I think it has to do with what I鈥檓 majoring in for a career. I鈥檓 a meteorology major and I think people think scientists are nerdy and it鈥檚 affecting me pretty heavy. So I鈥檓 thinking of changing my major to Business or lie about it instead. It seems people who are majoring in business tend end up in relationships most frequently, so if me majoring in business means I will find someone then that will be my new major. If that doesn鈥檛 work then I will have to go single for the rest of my life. I鈥檓 just tired being single all the time I just wanna experience dating at least once before I die. I don鈥檛 know how long I鈥檓 gonna live just because I鈥檓 young doesn鈥檛 mean I have a whole life ahead of me. I can go anytime. It seems everyone I know has dated before or currently in a relationship while I鈥檓 still have an empty history. I just feel like that love and relationships is never gonna be part of my life. People my age have dated 6 times already while I鈥檓 at 0. I鈥檓 depressed and I feel like I鈥檓 total failure. I鈥檓 just good for nothing, may be I should buy me a manikin as a girlfriend since that is as close as it鈥檚 gonna get.
I鈥檓 thinking changing my career to find someone?
If meteorology is what you wanna do, then do it. If you lie about your major..eventually the girl will find out the truth and think you're a complete loser just for lying. Then if you change your major you won't be happy because that's not what you really wanna do. You'll find a girl who'll love you for you..meteorology and all. Keep your head up sweetie and good luck.
I鈥檓 thinking changing my career to find someone?
Dude don't feel down, you're still a young guy, you'll get a real relationship soon.
You are feeling depressed and a failure because you are comparing your life to others. Don't

I don't think changing your career is going to change our outlook with women. Change your lifestyle instead.

Computer geeks get girlfriends. What makes a meterologist any different? Finding a woman isn't done sitting down. You need to go out. Meet new people. Put yourself out there on the market.

In due time you will find someone, guaranteed.
the weather guy from where i am at is totally hot. you need to stay in that profession, just because girls your age are too young and immature to see a good guy when he is standing at their door step doesn't mean that same girl won't grow up and realize what an idiot she was 5 years ago!
You're only 22.



Don't give up your passion to find somebody. Eventually you'll meet the perfect person. Just don't get so wrapped up in wanting a relationship... enjoy your life!
too long to read ATM

lol anyways i read some of it and i dont think you should change ur career for a relationship.... nerds are hot! i wish i was with a cute nerd that way i know i'll be taken care of... in the long run. make sense??



anyways your girl will come around someday dont even worry!!! i'm 20 and i seem to push guys away lol so i know how u feel :P



good luck!!
I think scientists are sexy and intelligence is a huge turn on!

Don't be so hard on yourself. Do you want to know why it seems that business majors always get dates? Its because people who aren't serious about choosing a major, choose business, so there are more business majors and therefore it is more likely that a business major will have a date. Thats odd reasoning I know, but true. You can't choose a different major because you think it will improve your dating life. Why would you want to be with someone who can't appreciate your aspirations? Stick with your major if you think meteorology is your calling, it will make you happiest in the long run.
I think your trying waaaay too hard. Guess what, i'm a business major, and i've never been in a relationship, and i'm your age lol. If you wanna find someone try finding any activity like taking a ballroom dancing c class, volunteering, etc
only change your major or career path if you are genuinely not interested in meteorology anymore. don't do it to becuase you think it will help you get a date, it probably won't.



If you go to a small school in a small city, you should move to a big city when your graduate, somewhere in another state. if you live in a large city, i would strongly recommend using an internet dating service like eharmony, or match, or even trying craigslist. you may just need to broaden your horizons to see that there are lots of girls out there, with varying taste in men.



my brother has this same problem, he only tries to go out with girls from his school that he meets in his classes. it doesn't work out for him too well! In fact, i was stuck in a similar rut myself. in college, i only went on a date once, because i didn't expand my search. i finally met a really nice guy from indonesia when i moved out of state, and now we're married.



anyway, you are still young. a guy with a job and college degree is very hot, so just give it time and eventually you will meet a nice girl who deserves you!
Hey buddy, I feel for you. I've been there done that. Just some advice that I can give you is that I don't think you should change your major, stick with what you like and roll with it. I don't think your major is the problem with the ladies. From what I gather it sounds like you are hitting the infamous %26quot;let's be friends%26quot; wall.



The best way I think for you to combat this is to step up your game a notch. You must change your attitude for one, you have to be the desired. When you act like everyone wants you, they really will, it's quite cool. It is up to you to make these moves on the ladies. You can talk all you want but once you reach the comfort level they are looking for someone who can be strong enough to take it to the next level. When you feel like it is time to escalate, do it!



I recommend getting a date the easy way. %26quot;Hey I was just on my way to so and so's for a cup of coffee, want to come?%26quot; or %26quot;My buddy is playing a live gig at such and such bar tonight and I was going to go, want to come too?%26quot; Do some research on local events so you always have a date type thing available.



Be strong, be bold, be funny and be a mix of funny rude and nice at the same time. Don't be needy, just be yourself and relax. Of course you should always be respectful of the lady too, but don't be a pushover either.



I'd recommend looking into a few books, the Mystery Method and Double your Dating to start off with. You don't have to do everything they do word for word but it will give you a look at what you may be doing wrong and how to set things right.



Also, I am not sure what your dress and hygiene is like so I'll just throw it out there, I'm sorry if this is not you or is inappropriate for your situation.

Get a haircut from a good barber, something popular.

Wear some flare like a few choice rings and a nice watch, maybe an earring or two. Not to much though.

Dress nice all the time, not like suit and tie but good clothes.

Shoes should match your belt.

Be clean and trimmed all around.



GL dude.