Wednesday 26 October 2011

American looking for business grad school in Europe?

Ok, I will be the first to admit that undergraduate studies were such a distraction for me. However, the fact that I was able to graduate with a B-, is truly a miracle. I majored in history, and wouldnt have changed it for the world. It really enabled me to think outside of the box, and put life into perspective. I had the chance to study in Spain a few years back, and ever since my return, I have really missed the European way of life. Someday, I really would like to get into business for myself. Where would be a great place in Europe to study? I only speak English well. I really feel that I can buckle down with graduate school. Education is really important to me, and I feel that I am ready for this. Thanks
American looking for business grad school in Europe?
If you are thinking about going into business for yourself, I recommend to skip business school. Business school is not like medical or law school. It does not give you a license to practice a trade. You can do business without going to business school. Experience will be much more of a factor of success than business school. Frankly, it is highly debated whether business school teaches students to run a business. It is MUCH less likely that business school will help you to be an entrepreneur. Read here about what a business degree will give to you:

http://www.top-business-schools.info/Wow鈥?/a>



This study article will give you a thorough overview of what to expect from business school:

http://www.aomonline.org/Publications/Ar鈥?/a>



In short the authors, both Stanford Business School Professors write of business school: %26quot;Students learn to talk about business, but it is not clear they learn business,%26quot;



If you want to move to Europe, I recommend to start a business and use that as a reason to apply for a residency permit. If you are a US citizen and you set up a BV (limited liability company) in Holland you will very likely be given a residency permit. Holland has a special law that allows US citizens to start businesses and get residency permits. It is a bit on the expensive side to do it, but ALOT less expensive than going to business school.



There are other countries where you can do something similar and it depends on what type of business you want to do. Many European governments are interested in attracting entrepreneurs. Some have high criteria (eg Germany requires you to invest $10 million and hire 10 employees) others do not. You need to investigate further if this is of interest to you.



If you decide anyway to go to business school, check out the website below:

http://www.top-business-schools.info/
American looking for business grad school in Europe?
France is a great place for Business education.



Campus France Reference - Campus France - USA

http://usa.campusfrance.org/en/1.html



Management programs taught in English

http://editions.campusfrance.org/catalog鈥?/a>



If you have any questions about your Campus France registration, you can contact Campus France at 202-944-6294 or by email at campusfrance@ambafrance-us.org



Tell them you need courses in english.



Higher Education in Germany

http://www.daad.org/



ALL THE BEST!