Friday 7 October 2011

Questions for becoming a doctor and or a businessman....?

Hello everyone, I'm in 11th grade in high school, and planning to go to college to do something medical. During my lifetime i always moved towards business. It was my passion and goal. I even ran a small business on eBay. The other week my world totally changed. I realized that business is something that when you come out of college you get a 30k salary and crunch numbers.(if i am wrong please let me in) In school i took earth science, biology, and chemistry, and never really payed attention just flew by it because it never really appealed to me. But the other week i realized it really is what i like and what i want to do. I want to help people, and be a doctor. I just do not know what kind. I've thought of pharmacy and that seems nice. Optometry, or even physical therapy. Please all suggestions are welcome, doc's especially... please share your story.

thank you so much.
Questions for becoming a doctor and or a businessman....?
Business is not all about being a number cruncher, especially if you open your own business (Like a doctor's office...)



All of the health professions require pretty much the same undergrad classes (heavy on biology and chemistry) so while you take those in college, you can figure out what area you want to get into.
Questions for becoming a doctor and or a businessman....?
If you truely enjoy business, then you should go for it... it's not all crunching numbers, especially if you get into the right jobs. For instance, we have a family friend who did business, got his MBA, and now makes millions (I'm not exaggerating... we live in a fairly affluent area of the country), gets to travel the world and make important deals with businesses around the world. I think he works for some financing company, like JP Morgan or something.



Also, if you're starting to find an interest in the health sciences, you should be aware that it's generally a long, hard road. I'm on my to that right now, and it was not fun getting even this far... but I have a serious passion for medicine, plus I'm a total overachiever. My suggestion would be to maybe combine business and science... you could be involved in putting prices on drugs (our neighbor does that, although he's a doctor), manage a hospital or clinic of some sort, and so on. There are loads of things you could do... don't do something that you aren't really interested in.
  • nappy hair
  • stop itchy skin
  •