Wednesday 26 October 2011

Business majors I need some advice please?

i have taken accounting and economics already(prerequistes only) and it find it really bland....boring....and not interesting at all...i've always wanted to work in business...but what u learn in the classroom u rarely use in the real world....because it is BORING to me i have been thinking of changing my major ....i mean if acct and economics classes dont interest me...do u think i will be even less motivated as i get further into the degree?!??
Business majors I need some advice please?
One of the frustrations with the way these things are structured is that the only business classes you get to take for the first two years are usually economics, statistics, and accounting. For those of us who like the people side of business, it often is a complete turn-off. I'm not a student - I'm a marketing professor - but it is something my colleagues and I have often discussed. Know that you WILL use those skills in the real world (I filled in in an administrative job last year and was forced to use my 30-year old accounting skills!), but that there is very little in common between what you have taken so far and what you will get when you start to take your management and marketing classes. I went into business because I liked working with people, not numbers, and that was true of most of my classmates. You really do need to know the numbers in order to work with the people, but trust me - there is more to life than what you have already experienced!
Business majors I need some advice please?
Let me throw this at you. Here! Catch!

According to a recent article in Business Week, 90% of the CEO's come up through accounting.

Yes, accounting is boring. its dirty work, but those who do it well are rewarded quite handsomely.,

Accounting I is, you have 30 widgets on the shelf, you paid $ 50.00 each for them.

You buy 10 more at $ 55.00. cost.You sell 15 for $ 53.50, each. what did they cost you,

Take intro to financial accounting. That was a fun cost, because it had real world applications.
  • delegates
  • parameter
  •