Sunday 5 June 2011

How can I start a small "green" business?

am currently in college getting a degree in management because I had no idea what I wanted to do. Now, I want to help contribute, but I also want to achieve and use my management degree. I want to start a small business that will help change the world, even a tiny bit, but I am not quite sure how to achieve that. Does anyone have suggestions as to what kind of small business can help me achieve these goals? Your feedback is much appreciated. Thank you.|||I have researched the green industry and have a couple ideas that may work for you. There are opportunities in the field of energy audits or ratings. This is where a qualified energy rater goes into a home and determines the energy-efficiency of the home and gives recommendations to the home owner on how they can improve energy efficiency. You could take the courses to become certified and perform audits yourself and as you grow hire other energy raters into your business. I have also seen a whole industry develop where small companies set up Green Living Expos or conferences all over the country. This may appeal to your desire to be in management.


I have also noticed that many colleges now have entrepeneur classes and clubs, as well as %26quot;Green%26quot; clubs. This is probably a great place to get potential ideas, and you may even meet a potential business partner. |||Hopefully, you have already studied forms of ownership.


(Sole proprietorship, LLC, corporation, . . .)





Maybe you can offer shares, or options to people who can come up with good ideas. |||one thing that i have seen a need for is energy usage consulting... finding ways for businesses to use less energy. save them money and save the enviroment